Archive

Archive for the ‘Υεμένη’ Category

ΥΕΜΕΝΗ 2011 ΤΟ ΝΕΟ ΑΦΓΑΝΙΣΤΑΝ

April 8, 2011 Leave a comment

Στην Υεμένη, φύλακα στο κέρας της Αφρικής και στο μαλακό υπογάστριο της Σαουδικής Αραβίας , η “κρίση” βαθαίνει με απρόβλεπτες συνέπειες αν ξεφύγει ο “έλεγχος του προγράμματος”.
Ενα νεο Αφγανιστάν δίκην Βιετνάμ γεννιέται…
Παλαιότερη δημοσίευση  (1/1/10) , γεωπολιτικά στοιχεία εδω  

…και λίγα λόγια απο τον Jesse Ventura, πολιτικό, πρωην κυβερνήτη της Μινεσότα, και συγγραφέα του εξαιρετικού βιβλίου Dont start the revolution without me.

SAUDI ARABIA : 11 / 03 / 11, DAY OF RAGE

March 8, 2011 Leave a comment

Saudi Arabia has reportedly deployed security forces in the country to stop the anti-government protests as thousands of people called for a “Day of Rage.”
The forces entered the Qatif region to confront possible rallies, an eyewitness told Iran’s Arabic-language news channel Al-Alam on Thursday.
The residents planned to hold protests to demand the release of political prisoners and show solidarity with the people of Bahrain, the witness went on to say.
Thousands of people have said they are prepared to attend the protests after Saudi youths named March 11th the Day of Rage on social networking website facebook.
On Wednesday, Saudi King Abdullah suddenly announced a series of benefits for his citizens following revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt.
King Abdullah introduced a package of social and economic overhaul amounting to USD 10.7 billion.
He also granted pardon to some prisoners indicted in financial crimes and ordered the implementation of a 15-percent pay hike for state employees as well as an increase in the cash available for Saudi housing loans.
Analysts believe the huge hike in benefits introduced by the Saudi King is actually intended to avert an uprising in the country.
In Egypt, pro-democracy demonstrations ousted President Hosni Mubarak on February 11 following his decades-long grip on power and rallies in Tunisia toppled President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali.

info here http://www.presstv.ir/detail/166810.html

updates below  from UPI

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, March 5 (UPI) — Saudi Arabia’s interior minister has announced on state television that all protests and marches have been banned.
The statement said police were authorized to use any methods deemed necessary to quell protests and marches, the BBC reported Saturday.

“Regulations in the kingdom forbid categorically all sorts of demonstrations, marches and sit-ins, as they contradict Islamic Shariah law and the values and traditions of Saudi society,” the Saudi interior ministry statement said.

The Guardian said Saudi Arabia has drafted as many as 10,000 security forces and will send them to the northeastern Muslim Shiite provinces ahead of mass protests planned there next week.

Saudi Shiites held protests in two towns in the oil-rich province Thursday and protesters were reportedly planning to place women on the front ranks of the planned protests to prevent Saudi forces from firing on them.

Yemen President Ali Abdullah Saleh reportedly set off a deadly battle Friday night when he rejected an opposition peace proposal in that country. He reportedly ordered troops to open fire on protesters, killing four

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/03/05/Saudi-Arabia-bans-protests-marches/UPI-66911299353804/#ixzz1G0MZOl6Z

 Obama meets with Saudi King Abdullah in Washington
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, March 7 (UPI) — Protesters in Saudi Arabia rescheduled planned “Day of Rage” protests after a smaller-than-expected number of demonstrators turned out Monday, organizers said.
Demonstrations against the government were planned in several locations throughout the country, to demand an end to the royal family’s monopoly over policymaking, Debkafile.com, a military intelligence Web site based in Jerusalem, reported Monday.

The protests initially had been scheduled for Friday. An Interior Ministry ban on demonstrations was backed Sunday by the Council of Senior Clerics — who said demonstrations violate Islamic law and signing reform petitions “violates what God ordered.”

Organizers had planned four days of protests leading up to this Friday in towns with anti-monarchical traditions, the Web site said. The plan was to build momentum and mount protests in the capital, Riyadh, Friday that would get the rest of Saudi Arabia on board with the protesters.

BBC Arabic reported March 1 that unrest in Saudi Arabia was growing. After the broadcast, Saudi security and intelligence forces raised their alert to the highest level, perceiving the broadcast as a coded call to opposition groups to try to oust 88-year-old King Abdallah, Debkafile.com reported.
After the BBC broadcast, government officials blocked some Web sites to cut down participation in the demonstrations, the intelligence Web site said

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/03/07/Saudi-Day-of-Rage-protests-postponed/UPI-86891299508589/#ixzz1G0JGMqGF

http://www.youtube.com/p/CA4AC3C7C686807B?hl=el_GR&fs=1

σχετική δημοσίευση ΥΕΜΕΝΗ ΤΟ ΝΕΟ ΑΦΓΑΝΙΣΤΑΝ εδω

ΥΕΜΕΝΗ 2010 ΤΟ ΝΕΟ ΑΦΓΑΝΙΣΤΑΝ

January 1, 2010 Leave a comment


Η πρόσφατη προσπάθεια τρομοκρατικού χτυπήματος σε αεροσκάφος της Αμερικανικής εταιρείας Δέλτα απο Νιγηριανό εξτρεμιστή – ισλαμιστή, αναβάθμισε σε διεθνές γεωστρατηγικό επίπεδο την εστία περιφερειακής διένεξης που κλιμακώνεται σταθερά εδώ και πολλούς μήνες στην γεωγραφική περιοχή της Αραβικής χερσονήσου και το κέρας της Αφρικής. Τα διεθνή ειδησεογραφικά πρακτορεία και ΜΜΕ, αναφέρουν οτι ο εικοσιτριάχρονος Νιγηριανός είχε επαφές με την Αλ Καίντα της Αραβικής χερσονήσου. Ο πυρήνας της οργάνωσης σύμφωνα με τα ρεπορτάζ βρίσκεται στην Υεμένη. Η Υεμένη είναι ενα καζάνι που βράζει ξανά μετά από την ενωση σε ενα ενιαίο κράτος που προσέφερε μία δεκαπενάχρονη σχετική ηρεμία, και η επαπειλούμενη εμφύλια και οχι μόνον διένεξη κλιμακώνεται σε ενα έντονο πολεμικό σκηνικό αντίστοιχο του Αφγανιστάν.Η Υεμένη, με πληθυσμό κοντά στα εικοσιπέντε εκατομμύρια μουσουλμάνους με 30% σιιτες συγκεντρωμένους στα βόρεια σύνορα με την Σαουδική Αραβία, αποτελεί ενα μόνιμο εφαλτήριο επιδρομέων, τρομοκρατών και λαθρομεταναστών προς την γειτονική χώρα. Παρά τα μέτρα φύλαξης των συνόρων της Σαουδικής Αραβίας και την ανέγερση ενός τύπου συνοριακού “τείχους”, τις μεθοριακές μάχες ανάμεσα στον τακτικό στρατό της Σαουδικής Αραβίας και των Υεμένιων ανταρτών, η κατάσταση οχι μόνον δεν καλυτερεύει και αποκλιμακώνετα, αλλά οδηγεί πλέον σε μία αναγκαία αναβάθμιση των στρατιωτικών επιχειρήσεων απο την πλευρά των Σαουδαράβων. Η Σαουδική Αραβία, μητρόπολη των Σουνιτών μουσουλμάνων, αντιμετωπίζει πλέον έναν μακροχρόνιο “ανταρτοπόλεμο του βουνού” με τους Σιίτες επαναστάτες της Υεμένης. Τον περασμένο μήνα, οι Σαουδάραβες εξαπέλυσαν στρατιωτική επίθεση ενάντια στους επαναστάτες, γνωστών ως Al Houthis από το όνομα του ηγέτη της φυλής τους, σαν απάντηση στην τελευταία επαναστατική διασυνοριακή εισβολή. Ο στρατός της Σαουδικής Αραβίας έχει στην διάθεσή του ενα οπλοστάσιο που περιλαμβάνει οτι πιο σύγχρονο υπάρχει στα Δυτικά οπλοστάσια όπως μαχητικά αεροσκάφη F15, αλλά έχει λίγη εμπειρία στη διεξαγωγή ενός ανταρτοπόλεμου στα βουνά που οριοθετούν τα σύνορα με την Υεμένη. Οι Al Houthis χρησιμοποιούν τεχνικές ανταρτοπολέμου ενάντια σε εναν τακτικό στρατό μη εξοπλισμένο και ανεκπαίδευτο για αυτόν τον τύπο πάλης. Οι αναλυτές και οι διπλωμάτες λένε ότι οι Al Houthis μπορεί να εχουν επιτεθεί στη Σαουδική Αραβία για να κρατήσουν το βασίλειο πολυάσχολο στα σύνορα και να το αποτρέψουν από το να βοηθήσει την επίσημη κυβέρνηση της Υεμένης στην Σαναά. Το Ριάντ αρνείται οποιαδήποτε στρατιωτική βοήθεια αλλά συνεργάζεται με την Σαναά στους τομείς όπως στην ανταλλαγή στρατηγικών πληροφοριών. Οι σαουδαραβικές στρατιωτικές δυνάμεις εμπλέκονται πλέον με τους επαναστάτες σχεδόν καθημερινά με μπαράζ βομβαρδισμών στην παραμεθόρια περιοχή. Οι βολές του πυροβολικού ακούγονται 35 χιλιόμετρα μακριά σύμφωνα με δημοσιογράφους στην περιοχή. Παρά τους βομβαρδισμούς, η αντιμετώπιση των ανταρτών είναι μια δύσκολη πολεμική επιχείρηση με τους επαναστάτες να κρύβονται στις σπηλιές ή στις κοιλάδες όπως στο Αφγανιστάν. Το μεγαλύτερο επίτευγμα για τους Σαουδάραβες προς το παρόν είναι ότι κατόρθωσαν να περιoρίσουν τις πολεμικές επιχειρήσεις σε μερικές περιοχές. Αυτό είναι το καλύτερο που μπορούν να ελπίζουν για τώρα – να αποτρέψουν το άνοιγμα της γραμμής του μετώπου.

Με αυτές τις εξελίξεις, τα ανοιχτά πολεμικά μέτωπα και η αποσταθεροποίηση πληθαίνουν στις πετρελαιοπαραγωγικές περιοχές της Ασίας, με συνεπαγόμενη ανάγκη για μεγαλύτερη Αμερικανική στρατιωτική παρουσία και εμπλοκή μέσα στο 2010.
Το Ιράν γλυστράει αργά αλλά σταθερά προς μία νέα κοινωνική εμφύλια επανάσταση, το Ιράκ είναι βαριά κατεστραμμένο, το Αφγανιστάν βιώνει την αναζωπύρωση της στρατιωτικής και πολιτικής ισχύος των Ταλιμπάν, το Πακιστάν ακροβατεί στο τεντωμένο σχοινί της ισλαμικής τρομοκρατίας, και τώρα οι Υεμένη με τους σιίτες Al Houthis και την Σαουδική Αραβία σε εμπόλεμη φάση συνθέτουν ενα εκρηκτικό ενεργειακό κι οχι μόνον γεωπολιτικό μείγμα.

Δορυφορικός χάρτης της περιοχής των εχθροπραξιών στην γραμμή των συνόρων Σαουδικής Αραβίας και Υεμένης. Η οροσειρά φτάνει τα 2600 μέτρα υψόμετρο…

σχετική αναδημοσίευση με λίνκ στο τέλος
Yemen: Pentagon’s War On The Arabian Peninsula
Rick Rozoff

———-
Yemen will become a battleground for a proxy war between the United States and Saudi Arabia – whose state-to-state relations are among the strongest and most durable of the entire post-World War II era – on one hand and Iran on the other.It is perhaps impossible to determine the exact moment at which a U.S.- supported self-professed holy warrior – trained to perpetrate acts of urban terrorism and to shoot down civilian airliners – ceases to be a freedom fighter and becomes a terrorist. But a safe assumption is that it occurs when he is no longer of use to Washington. A terrorist who serves American interests is a freedom fighter; a freedom fighter who doesn’t is a terrorist.
Yemenis are the latest to learn the Pentagon’s and the White House’s law of the jungle. Along with Iraq and Afghanistan which counterinsurgency specialist Stanley McChrystal used to perfect his techniques, Yemen is joining the ranks of other nations where the Pentagon is engaged in that variety of warfare, fraught with civilian massacres and other forms of so-called collateral damage: Colombia, Mali, Pakistan, the Philippines, Somalia and Uganda.BBC News reported on December 14 that 70 civilians were killed when aircraft bombed a market in the village of Bani Maan in northern Yemen.
The nation’s armed forces claimed responsibility for the deadly attack, but a website of the Houthi rebels against whom the bombing was ostensibly directed stated “Saudi aircraft committed a massacre against the innocent residents of Bani Maan.” [1]The Saudi regime entered the armed conflict between the (eponymous) Houthis and the Yemeni government on behalf of the latter in early November and since has been accused of launching attacks inside Yemen with tanks and warplanes. Even before the latest bombing scores of Yemenis have been killed and thousands displaced by the fighting. Saudi Arabia has also been accused of using phosphorous bombs.
Moreover, the rebel group known as Young Believers, based in the Shi’ite Muslim community of Yemen which comprises 30 percent of the country’s population of 23 million, claimed on December 14 that “US fighter jets have attacked Yemen’s Sa’ada Province” and “US fighter jets have launched 28 attacks on the northwestern province of Sa’ada.” [2]
The previous day’s edition of Britain’s Daily Telegraph reported on discussions with U.S. military officials, stating “Fearful that Yemen is in danger of becoming a failed state, America has now sent a small number of special forces teams to improve training of Yemen’s army in reaction to the threat.”

One unnamed Pentagon official was quoted as saying “Yemen is becoming a reserve base for al-Qaeda’s activities in Pakistan and Afghanistan.” [3]

The conjuring up of the al-Qaeda bogey, however, is a decoy. The rebels in the north of the nation are Shi’ites and not Sunnis, much less Wahhabi Sunnis of the Saudi variety, and as such are not only not linked with any group of groups that could be categorized as al-Qaeda, but instead would be a likely target thereof.

In service to American designs in the region, the British and American press lately has been referring to Yemen as the “ancestral homeland” of Osama bin Laden. Bin Laden comes from a prominent billionaire Saudi Arabian family, of course, but as his father had been born in what is now the Republic of Yemen over a century ago the Western media are exploiting an insignificant historical accident to suggest Osama bin Laden’s active role in the nation and to establish a tenuous link between the South Asian war in Afghanistan and Pakistan and Saudi and American armed intervention in a civil conflict in Yemen….continues here